Are you thinking of sending your little one to the day-care? In the following context it will give you the idea of what duties take place at the day-care.
What are the day-care duties?
In the following we will look at the duties of the childcare worker at the day-care.
- They supervise and monitor the safety of children in their care.
- They are the ones responsible for preparing meals and organizing mealtimes and snacks for children.
- Change the diapers of infants and toddlers
- Organize activities or come up with the implementation of a curriculum that allows children to learn about the world and explore interests.
- Develop schedules and routines, that children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring the problems to the attention of parents.
- Keep records of children’s progress, routines, and interest.
Your child safety, learning and development is very important that is why people who work at the day-cares must be trained and have experience with working with children, for them to fulfil their duties.
Read through for more information!
In the following are the different people with different titles who work at the day-care and their roles or duties.
Types of works and their duties
- Child Monitor: This person is responsible for maintaining the safe play environment, also to arrange childcare or educational settings to ensure physical and safety of the children.
- Class monitor: This person is responsible for keeping the records on the individual children, including the daily observations and information about activities, the meals that are to be served, medications administered.
- Child nurse: This type of day-care worker is responsible for, keeping an eye on signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents’ or guardians’ attention. Monitor the health and behaviour of the children,
- Teacher: Is the one who is responsible for the teaching and learning, also helps children with homework and school work, they also Teach daily living skills or behaviours.
- Secretary or attendant: They are responsible for performing administrative or clerical tasks, and taking of attendance, editing internal paperwork, and making phone calls.
- Child matron: Accompany children to and from school, on outings, and to medical appointments, they also accompany individuals or groups to activities.
Day-care duties are some sort of day to day activities that needs to be followed by either the day-care and or the parents.