Day care personnel development
What is it?
A day-care personal development is a short course that can be taken at any private college the personnel development course provides students with the necessary theoretical knowledge to write their exams and the practical application to enter the workplace confidently.
The following context is information on day care personnel development course and what it offers.
Day care personnel development: Courses information
- Subjects covered in the one-year qualification include child health, education, day care personnel development and edu-care didactics.
- This is an entry-level qualification that equips you with basic skills in childcare, making you eligible for entry-level positions at ECD facilities such as day care centres, crèches or preschools.
Furthermore, there are various titles that a person who studies or studied personnel development can work at. In the following context is information on places or titles that a person who studies personnel development can work at.
Day care personnel development: Types
- Grade R teacher or assistant Grade R teacher
- Playschool teacher
- Day care centre assistant
- Crèche assistant
- Au pair
- Private tutor
Does this sound like a career that you can tackle if so, here is why you should learn more on the day care personnel development, on the following context are the requirements that are needed for someone to become a day care personnel.
Requirements needed to become personnel development educator
- Grade 12 is a requirement, or Level 4 National Certificate (NQF) or an NC(V) Level 4 certificate
- The duration of the course is 6 months for each of the certificates on a full-time basis (N4, N5 and N6).
- To obtain a National N-Diploma in Edu-care requires a minimum of 18 months theoretical study plus 18 months of workplace experience.
- If you choose to study part time, the time it will take you to complete the course is 2 years to complete the theoretical component and 18 months for the workplace experience component.
- 18 months theoretical studies plus 18 months’ workplace experience required.
- Edu care (personnel development) employees with the job title Teacher make the most with an average annual salary of R262,811, while employees with the title Daycare Teachers make the least with an average annual salary of R39,527.
Does this sound like a career that you can do, plus if you love and enjoy being around children this can be a great option. There are different colleges that one can further their studies at such as INTEC, and Damelin.